Friday, June 17, 2011

Realize

First, let me start off by saying that I have broken little Asa's heart by sitting on the bed alone to write this blog. This post has been marinating in my brain for 2 weeks, it is time to get it out.

Twice a week Asher and Abram have been attending a land and water class at Lakeshore Foundation and they absolutely LOVE it! The physilities are incredible! People train for the Olympics here! (I keep hoping we might run into Micheal Phelps one day, just a thought). The class is for typical (meaning- children who do not have a disabily) and non-typical (meaning- children who do have a disability) children. Asher is one of the few, if not the only, "typical" child in the class. I thought I might have to have some sort of talk with him eventually about the other kids. But NO! He has never asked about any of the kids in the class. WOW! I love it! I love that my boys will grow up knowing that not everyone was born... (I hate using this word) perfect. Somedays I would give my life for Abram to be completely whole and other days I wouldn't change it for anything. After being at Lakeshore... I wouldn't change Abram one bit! I love being around some of the happiest kids on earth. They don't know that they are different! And neither does Asher!

After Abram was born, at first I was scared- (well SCARED doesn't really describe the feeling, but it will have to do) scared of his disability, his limitations. Then I realized what I was really scared of, it was his potential and that I would miss something that would help him reach it. That is why I/we (because this is a family journey) do everything we possibly can to help not just Abram but Asher and Asa James too, to reach there maximum potential in this short life.

I end with my new favorite quote, "Strength does not come from a physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.". -Gandhi

1 comment:

tarynddavidson said...

you're right, we do think alike :)
God gave our children the siblings they have because in His eyes, they are perfect for one another.
and they fit our families perfectly.
like a glove.